Lavender Cottage is a cosy, well equipped 19th century slate cottage set around a stone flagged courtyard, with a traditional Cornish Inn at the one end serving good food and excellent real ale.
Lavender Cottage overlooks the Camel Estuary towards Padstow, the Camel Trail is easily accessible from the lane next to the property.
The front door leads into an open plan kitchen diner with:
- Pine kitchen units
- Washer dryer, fridge with freezer compartment, an oven, microwave, kettle, toaster, electric hob, and extractor fan.
- An extensive range of tableware, cutlery, utensils, cookware and glasses to make your visit a home from home.
- Oak table and chairs with seating for four.
- Stairs up to first floor.
This leads through to the lounge overlooking the garden with:
- Three seater settee, two easy chairs, foot stools & several pieces of lovely oak furniture.
- 32″ Freeview TV.
- Xbox 360 & a selection of games (log on to your own Xbox Live account)
- DAB digital radio & cable for MP3 / ipod connectivity.
- Selection of DVDs, books, jigsaws and games for a rainy day.
- Slate fireplace with a small log burner for cosy nights in on those chilly evenings.
Stairs leading up to the Master Bedroom with:
- View of the Camel Estuary.
- Exposed slate wall.
- Double bed and beautifully painted pine bedside tables.
- Painted pine wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Full length mirror.
- DAB radio with i-pod docking station.
- Blackout blind
The Second Bedroom overlooking the courtyard comprises:
- Twin beds
- Set of painted pine drawers
- A painted pine wardrobe with drawers beneath.
- Full length mirror
- DAB radio
- Storage cupboard
- Well stocked book shelf
- Blackout blind
- Bath with integral shower.
- Heated towel rail.
- Toilet and sink (of course!)
- Bath mats are provided
- The property is heated by two electric radiators, one in the lounge and one on the landing.
- There is also a log burner in the lounge should you need it.
- Water is heated by an immersion heater.
- Free WiFi.
- Electricity included.
- All bed lined (except cot linen) is included. You only need to bring towels.
- No smoking.
Guests are welcome to bring well behaved dog(s) by prior arrangement, at an additional charge of £15 per week, per dog. We do however ask visitors to ensure that:
- Your dog(s) are not left in the property unattended, allowed on the furniture or in the bedrooms.
- Suitable bedding is brought with you for your dog(s), together with drinking & feeding bowls.
- You clean up after your dog(s) in the garden / courtyard.